About the SRC
The SRC is here to represent you and all your fellow students. It does this through a system of elected student representatives, faculty convenors and the SRC Sabbatical Officers. Each and every student’s views are valuable in shaping the way the University works and the whole student experience.
Whilst the SRC is a representative organisation, it also provides a whole variety of student services to help save you money, and make your time at university as enjoyable, safe and interesting as possible.
The University has a legal duty to support student representation but they also recognise that student input at every level can be invaluable in shaping all aspects of the University’s work.
As well as representing students on virtually every University Committee the SRC also:
- Provide a free minibus service to transport students in safety from campus to halls of residence.
- Run a second hand bookshop in order to provide a cheap source of course texts for students and offer an outlet for students to achieve some financial return on course texts no longer required.
- Provides an advice service for students to help you deal with any issues you have whilst at University or any you think you might have if you’re planning on coming here
- Support Glasgow University student led media (including the production of the Glasgow Guardian, GUM, Subcity Radio and GUST Television).
- Offer a variety of student volunteering opportunities through the Student Volunteer Support Service;
- Provide a confidential listening and information service for all students of the University (Nightline)
- Provide a service which links student with part time job opportunities (Jobshop)
- Offer grants and administrative support to Clubs and Societies.
- Organise a variety of Campus wide events such as Freshers’ Week, Media Week, RAG Week.