Students are encouraged to stay alert and consider their safety at the interview stage and during employment (further information about safety in the work place and employment rights is available from the Advice Centre staff at the SRC).
Most interviews will go ahead without any concerns but please note the following precautions that should be taken to ensure personal safety.
- Always make sure you tell a friend or family member where you are going and what time you expect to return.
- Research the company as much as you can before attending the interview.
- Always ensure that the interview takes place either on the company’s premises or in a public place, if you have any doubts about the interview arrangements then please consult staff at the Jobshop.
- Never allow the interviewer to steer you towards questions of a personal nature.
- Make sure there are suitable transport services to use if the interview takes place at night.
- If you are offered a lift from the person interviewing you and have any doubts, just politely say no thank you.