Visit the new Nightline website: http://www.gunightline.org
Recruitment to Nightline for 2012/13 has begun, so if you’re interested in getting involved then please complete and return an application form. You can download one from here.
Volunteer with Nightline
- Are you a good listener?
- Do you have an interest in voluntary work?
- Do you enjoy meeting and working with new people?
Nightline is an SRC service that provides a confidential information & listening telephone service to the student community at Glasgow University during the hours 7pm – 7am, term time.
- Volunteers must be willing to commit to an initial training session that demonstrates to volunteers different ways to apply active listening techniques.
- Volunteers must commit to do one shift per fortnight between the hours 7pm – 7am during term time. Nightline is based in a self-contained University-owned flat, so it is a safe and comfortable space and is there is an opportunity to sleep, work or watch TV during a shift.
- Volunteers must be willing to respect confidentiality and anonymity at all times.
- Volunteers must be willing to work as part of a team and allow themselves the opportunity to build valuable inter-personal skills such as listening and communication and further skills if they decide to join the Nightline committee.
Experience is not necessary but volunteers must be registered students at Glasgow University. If you are interested in getting involved then please email Nightline.